- FOLLOW THIS LINK to purchase entry to the secure virtual BEYOND THE VISIBLE screening room.
- Click the movie rental button.
- Follow the prompt to create a streaming account. Each distributor may use a different streaming platform so this log-in may differ between certain films. This is not your Rose member log-in.
- Watch as much as you like for 5 days!
- For any questions regarding streaming, device, connection, or payment issues, you will need to reach out directly to that site’s customer support: email@example.com
- For non-streaming questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Hilma af Klint was an abstract artist before the term existed, a visionary, trailblazing figure who, inspired by spiritualism, modern science, and the riches of the natural world around her, began in 1906 to reel out a series of huge, colorful, sensual, strange works without precedent in painting. The subject of a recent smash retrospective at the Guggenheim Museum, af Klint was for years an all-but-forgotten figure in art historical discourse, before her long-delayed rediscovery. Director Halina Dryschka’s dazzling, course-correcting documentary describes not only the life and craft of af Klint, but also the process of her mischaracterization and erasure by both a patriarchal narrative of artistic progress and capitalistic determination of artistic value.
"A must for anyone who cares about modern art." - Hollywood Reporter
"BEYOND THE VISIBLE bristles with the excitement of discovery and also with the impatience that recognition has taken so long. It refreshes the eyes and the mind." - New York Times
"If you are a lover of art, especially abstract art, you must see BEYOND THE VISIBLE. You'll be blown away by af Klint's genius and how ahead of her time she really was." - Film Threat