- FOLLOW THIS LINK and be sure to enter code ROSE when prompted, it's the only way your ticket will support the theatre, and you'll receive a discount!
- Follow the prompt to create a streaming account. Each distributor may use a different streaming platform so this log-in can differ between films. This is not your Rose member log-in.
- Watch as much as you like for 2 days!
- For any questions regarding streaming, device, connection, or payment issues, you will need to reach out directly to that site’s customer support.
- For non-streaming questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
CHUCK BERRY: THE ORIGINAL KING OF ROCK ‘N’ ROLL is the first-ever feature length documentary devoted to the life of singer/songwriter/guitarist widely considered the “Granddaddy of Rock and Roll” (1927 – 2017), known for hits like “Maybelline,” “Rock and Roll Music,” “Johnny B. Goode” and many others. Award-winning filmmaker Jon Brewer (BB KING: THE LIFE OF RILEY; NAT KING COLE: AFRAID OF THE DARK) melds archival performance footage and ruminations on Berry’s influence from other music greats (Keith Richards, Nils Lofgren, Steve Van Zandt, Joe Perry, and Alice Cooper among them) with an exploration of the legendary guitarist’s personal life (including the first-ever interview with Themetta “Toddy” Suggs, his wife of 68 years) and experience as a Black artist traversing the American racial landscape of the 1950s onward. NR, 89 min.
Receive a $2 discount with the code "rose."
"An interesting documentary about arguably the most influential man in rock 'n' roll history. Strong interviews that make it more personal than the usual music documentary." —AIPT
"This is an insightful retrospect into Berry's career and his influence on music of all genres as well as the advancement of integration not just in the music world, but beyond." —Bowling Green Daily News