On 6/5 at 7:00pm PST there will be an online screaning of the film along with a live online discussion with the filmmaker and several special guests (including chef Tom Douglas). Follow the link below to buy a ticket that gives access to both film and live event.
If you JUST want the movie and not the discussion, tickets will be available at the link below beginning at 8:30pm PST on 6/5.
- FOLLOW THIS LINK for access to the live event and/or film.
- Scroll down for ticket access.
- Follow the prompt to create a streaming account. Each distributor may use a different streaming platform so this log-in may differ between certain films. This is not your Rose member log-in.
- Watch as much as you like for 2 days!
- For any questions regarding streaming, device, connection, or payment issues, you will need to reach out directly to that site’s customer support.
- For non-streaming questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We live in a time of uncertainty - about the trajectory of our own lives, the lives of generations to come and the continued health of the planet we live on. For millennia, wild salmon have survived ice ages, continental shifts and most destructively, human beings. Their continued existence provides a glint of hope under the surface of malaise we now find ourselves in.
When wild salmon return to their home rivers to spawn and die, their bodies are a sacrament - giving life to their progeny, the earth itself and human beings. Their last act ensures that life will continue. Right now, it may be up to us to ensure their very existence will continue.
THE WILD is a race against time, where the hard-fought-for/hard-won protections for Bristol Bay now seem as fleeting as morning mist. Focused through the lens of Mark Titus’ inherent love for wild salmon, the conflict in Alaska becomes a harbinger to a larger, global question: How do we reconcile human separation from the natural world that sustains us – and if we can change course - how do we save what remains?
How do you save what you love?